We got up early and went to church. The message was timely and good. I DO so love to listen to the Chaplain. He's so right on the money when it comes to his messages!
Because Ted would be away all next week, we decided that a play day was in order. Since the base where we go to church is near the base where we do our grocery shopping, we decided that we would do our grocery shopping after church, have some lunch and then hit a double feature at the base theater. We ended up having lunch first which is a good thing because you don't want to be hungry when you go grocery shopping! Because it was quite cold we knew even the refrigerated goods would be fine in the car while we went to the theater.
We ran into the Chaplain at the commissary and stopped and chatted for a few minutes. I told him that I thought he was on the same plane as we were coming back from the states and in fact, we were!
After the groceries were packed into the car, we walked across the street to the theater. (The commissary is across the street from the theater.)
We would be seeing "Planet 51" (a children's movie) at 2pm and then at 4pm we would be seeing "2012". When I saw how many little kids there were (and a 7-year-old birthday party too) I wondered if we were doing the right thing. I was pleasantly surprised that those children (and there were a LOT of them) were well-behaved and quiet. And the movie was good too! Of couse 2012, is disaster movie to end all disaster movies! We both were on the edge of our seats. If you get a chance to see it, do so, you won't be disappointed!
We got out of the theater at 6:30 to find big fluffy snow flakes coming down! Ted was in his glory...I could care less. I mean, it's pretty to look at but I dislike having to "live" in it!
We went home and neither of us were hungry just yet. We were still full from our late lunch. But there was ironing and packing to do. So we got busy getting Ted's "stuff" together for his trip. After getting that together, we decided that dinner was in order and we went to Mamma Maria's for some pizza. Going to dinner at Mamma Maria's takes time so by the time we got home, it was time to wrap last minute details up and get some sleep.
Sunday 1/24/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment