Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 288 - Doctor's appointment

Finally, I'm going to be able to see the doctor. I'm a bit hesitant to go, though. Since I don't have transportation other than my two feet and it's really cold and snowy outside, I'm worried that I'll make myself even worse!! No matter though, I desperately need an antibiotic. I'm hoping that he will have something for me so that I don't have to go to the Apotheke which means another walk in the opposite direction of the doctor's office. Normally, I wouldn't care...but being sick and it being cold and snowy, I'm reluctant. Oh well, we shall see.

His office was jumping. They set up the waiting room in one of the exam rooms. It appeared that the doctor's office was broken into over the New Year's holiday. In a small village such as this, I wouldn't have thought things like this happen. The doctor told me there was no cash (he takes it home with him at night) but there were a lot of prescription sheets (not signed, of course) but something a thief might want!

He didn't have an antibiotic for me so it's off to the Pharmacy down the street. I sure hope I can make it there and back to the apartment ok.

Well, I got there and they didn't have the prescription. I REALLY don't want to go back there tomorrow to pick it up. But wonder of wonders...the clerk told me they would deliver the antibiotic to my home tonight between 5:30 and 6:30pm! WOW!! Delivery...and it's free too! I'm SO thankful for that.

I'm feeling ok so I decided to stop at the bakery on the way back and get some bread. But by the time I hit Michele's (Mamma Maria's), I'm sweating and feeling a bit light-headed. So I put one foot in front of the other and hope I can get up the steps to the apartment.

I finally made it to the apartment and whipped off my coat,scarf and gloves and promptly sat down. I was asleep before I could think about it. The walk just did me in!!

I took the first round of antibiotics and will continue to do so until they are done in one week.


Tuesday 1/05/10

No comments:

Post a Comment