I had to get up really early to go with Ted to take the VAT forms to the dealership. He wanted me to translate for him. When we got there, the service guy was busy so we didn't get to talk to him but the lady at the "Kasse" (pronounced Casa) or Cashier was also Italian from the same region as the service guy. She not only spoke German but also Italian and English. I was totally impressed!!!
We completed the necessary forms and saved ourselves 60+ Euro. I was a happy camper. Ted then took me home and he went to work.
I was totally cold when I got home and bundled under a warm blanket and fell asleep. The sun came out and it's beautiful out. It could be Spring and not Fall...however, I know as soon as the sun goes down it gets cold.
I have been rearranging the office and taking more boxes down to storage. Today I'll wash the dish towels and the rags I use for cleaning. It's a bit disconcerting going into the office. The construction next door is now level with our floor. Soon they will have another floor done and more walls up. We cannot believe how much rebar goes into these buildings!! But it makes sense since all of the floors are made with concrete. We think we know where the entrance to the basement garage is but it looks SO small!!!
I can't wait for that crane to be gone but I know it probably will not be gone until next year sometime.
I decided it's such a nice day that I'm leaving the sliding door in the living room open and the window in the bathroom open. Later in the afternoon before the sun goes down, I'll close them both.
Day 220: Thursday 10/29/09
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment