I had a to do list as long as my arm. I never got the appointment to get our hair cut and I really need to do that next week. It's a pain to have to schedule a hair appointment. I'm just so used to going to one of those "walk-in" places in the US that having to make appointments is very frustrating!!!
I did company work most of the morning and then cleaned the apartment and took some stuff down to the storage area as well.
My daughter and I spoke on the phone for about an hour or so (interrupted by the baby falling with glass measuring cups and pinpricking his tiny, little fingers - but he's fine! I reccommended that she keep anything glass out of his reach).
We discussed their trip at length. When they would come in, the auto logistics, the bed for the baby, what to see and do. I promised her I would research the various places and get back to her with the results via email. It took me the rest of the afternoon to do the research and get PFDs made of the various information not to mention the URLs of websites she might want to look at. So of course my "to-do" list went right out the window!!
She also told me that my other daughter was in an accident. She said she was fine but of course, Mama worries. I'll call her when our conversation is through because it's early there and she said to let her sleep a bit before I call her.
I called my youngest daughter after I spoke to my eldest daughter and she told me the whole story. God was with her!!! She's banged up and bruised but has no broken bones or internal injuries. It's a bizarre story though...A police golf cart was being loaded onto a truck and somehow the mooring broke lose and it rolled off the truck and into the crowd. Before the police could stop it, it had run over my daughter and dragged her some distance as well as hitting other people. They took her to the hospital and kept her overnight and then released her in the morning. She's home and resting but is very sore and has an appointment with the orthopedic doctor just to make sure.
Ted and I decided we wanted to go out to the Haubenbrau in Bernhausen. It was cold and rainy. We were able to get a parking spot near the place. We shared a salad and Spaetzel. There was an Italian family sitting opposite us. They were on vacation.
We came home and watched the newest episode of our favorite television series NCIS whichwe were able to get on I-tunes! How cool is that??? After that Ted had me watch Sleeping Beauty. I had never seen it as a child and he felt I was deprived so he bought me that and Snow White. What a sweet guy!!!
After that it was time for bed!!
Friday 10/23/09
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment