I spent the day reading. I had no energy to do even the most mundane chores. Although I did manage to get a few loads of clothes washed and a few of the floors scrubbed.
The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day and when I looked out the sliding glass door, I was appalled at how dirty it was. So I got my handy-dandy sqeegee and a small bucket with Dawn dishwashing liquid and went to town. I couldn't believe how dirty they were. And the inside was dirtier than the outside. It looks like black greasy soot. Dawn does the trick, though. And they are sparkling clean once again. Unfortunately when I was on the balcony, I dropped the bucket and spilled most of the liquid on the balcony and on my pants and slippers. I was mad at myself and started to get cold. But I hurriedly washed the window and decided that I also needed to do the one in the bedroom but that's going to be for another day!
Ted came home because he forgot his work phone. I sent him an email but I don't think he got it. He came home around 1pm and asked if I wanted to go to lunch. I asked him where and he said across the street to Mamma Maria's. I'm not turning down the chance to have a mushroom pizza at Mamma Maria's!! So off we went to have pizza and salad. He left around two.
Later on Ted called and said the car was ready and he wanted to take the company car back to the office. He said the noise in the car is gone and the heater is working great. He absolutely loves that little car. I would never have believed it but he does. It's an older model but it's in such great shape we are going to check into having it prepped to bring it home. We have a very small loan on it that will be paid off in the next 6 to 8 months so we are loathe to part with it.
He forgot the VAT form to save us the 19% tax so we will have to do that tomorrow.
We drove to the dealership and picked up the loaner car form the office, then dropped it off at the office and moved all of Ted's stuff from the loaner back into our vehicle.
The dealership was great! They even washed the car without charge!! I was totally impressed. They also swept the inside of the car as well (but that I understand because they were working under the dash.)
We then went to the Rewe (pronounce Rev-a) in Bonlanden to get the Ja!(pronounced Yaw) mineral water that Ted loves so much and while we were there got some Ja! yogurt that Ted wanted to try. We thought we would stop and get some ice cream but they were closed until the 31st. We were totally disappointed.
We went to get gas becasue Ted said the gas mileage would probably improve. We went home and I spent the rest of the evening reading and Ted was working on company stuff as well as his home computer.
Day 219: Wednesday 10/28/09
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment