Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 218: Car repairs

Ted took the car in to get the fan fixed and to figure out what the awful noise is in the car. I had to drive the car to Ted's office and pick him up and drive to the dealership to drop off the car. It turns out the man in charge of service is, you guessed it, Italian. So I was able to translate what was happening with the car. We already had an estimate from them for the fan. It turns out it's the wheel bearings and while not inexpensive to fix, it needs to be done. The tires are also worn because of it. However, it's getting close to winter time so we will put the winter tires on the car for now and worry about getting all-season tires in the spring. That will give us a little bit of time to put away the money needed for that purchase.

The service guy is a native Sicilian but has lived in Germany since he was a little boy. There are a LOT of Italians in Germany. It's amazing how handy having a second language has become. Ted is even starting to pick up some words based on the conversation and hand movements, he's starting to understand the gist of the conversation. Good for him!!!

He tells me I love it when I can speak Italian...and he's right.

It wasn't too late in the evening but Ted had a hankering for Pizza so we went to Domenico's for Pizza. He seems to like it better than Mamma Maria's but I don't care for the waitress there as she seems too phony for me. And, for me, the food is not all that good.

We went home and I continued to read. I think I"m now on the fifth book of the Left Behind series.

Tuesday 10/27/09

No comments:

Post a Comment