Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 203: Cold and blustery Sunday

We went to church this morning and the message was riveting! Chaplain Santiago let it be known that his job was not to be tolerant but to get us to heaven. I'm sure he stepped on some toes and made some people squirm but we couldn't have agreed with him more. And it turns out, the message was very appropriate for something that had happened earlier in the week to Ted.

We went to the BX / PX because Ted needed something and we ran into Ted's boss (who I found out speaks Italian) and his wife and three children. On the way out, we ran into Chaplain Santiago. We told him how much we enjoyed his message. It's one of the few times Ted didn't fall asleep in church. He says he feels so peaceful there that his eyes just close on their own! LOL!

We then went to the Commissary to pick up a few things and have some lunch. We then went home. It was very cold and windy and we wished we had a fireplace now. The trees are staring to lose their leaves but they are beautiful.

I took down the curtains in the Living room on the sliding door and replaced them with the other two panels that I put the hooks in. I put the hooks in the sheers that were to go in the master bedroom. But it was late and I was tired so I didn't put them up. I will need to do that tomorrow along with the rest of the laundry.

Sunday 10/11/09

No comments:

Post a Comment