Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 100: Back to Germany!

An entire week has gone by and my dear husband has been doing things at the apartment all week while I was visiting my family. He was a dear to allow me to go to my mother’s 80th surprise birthday party. My mother said that she was sad that Ted could not come and enjoy the party.

I kissed and hugged my baby grandson. She gave the baby to her husband and we got into the car to go to the airport.

To get to La Guardia airport from Shelter Island would require another 2 ½ hours by car. Truthfully, I’m all “carred” out. But it shouldn’t be too bad since I’ll be in the front seat.
My daughter and I spent the entire time talking so the time went by quickly.

On the NYC to Atlanta flight, we spen one hour on the tarmack waiting to take off.
The layover time in Atlanta, I spent blogging.

I figured I’d better sleep on the plane because the next several weeks would be packed with things to do – packing, getting the shipment, moving, unpacking. My seat mate slept almost the entire time so I didn’t speak to him at all.

There were two Germans in front of me and two Germans next to them across the aisle. The guy in front of me, kept moving his pillow and trying to get comfortable and blocking my view of the movie. Then he was talking to the woman across the aisle and was lifting his hand above his head…also blocking my view. I almost poked him and told him to sit still but I then I thought, no, I’m not going to do that. Finally, he settled down and stayed in one place.

I can’t wait to get home. This is a long, nine-hour trip.



Wednesday 07/01/09

No comments:

Post a Comment