Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 99: Last Day at Shelter Island, NY

This is the final day I will be able to spend with my grandson, so I took advantage of it when the kids (I call them kids but they are adults) decided to go hit some golf balls. . Grazia came back and we gave the baby his lunch. It was time for his nap. We walked over to the Andiron Deck chairs under the trees and I snapped some picture post car views of the inlet and enjoyed the warm weather and soft breezes.







Gian-Carlo, my son-in-law played a round of golf while we spent some time together.
The weather man said it was going to rain all week long. I pray it doesn’t so the kids can have a restful fun week before my son-in-law starts his new job on Monday.

When it was time to go get Gian-Carlo, the baby was still sleeping. We placed him in the car and drove to get GC. We drove around the Island looking at the various homes that were “vintage” or they had been or were in the process of being completely refurbished. They were all lovely. I wished I had brought my camera to take a few photos.

I watched the baby while my daughter and her husband went to dinner alone. They probably don’t get many chances to do that and I was happy to do it!

I spoiled him and allowed him to fall asleep on the sofa and then put him to bed. I took my shower and repacked my suitcases for the long trip home tomorrow. I had trouble falling asleep but I knew that 6am would come soon enough so I forced myself to try.

Tuesday 6/30/09

No comments:

Post a Comment