Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 89: Quiet day?

I stayed home to do some company work.

We have decided to stay in temporary housing until July 13 as it's been very, very difficult to get the trucking company to come out and deliver our "stuff". It's too much of a hassle with everything that's going on right now so we decided to shelve it until the week after the fourth of July.

I stayed home also because my feet are very swollen. At first I thought it was because I had been up and down that ladder for the past two weeks but I've been resting for the past two days and my feet are swollen like sausages. My husband has decided to take me to the clinic to get checked. I'm very anxious about this situation but I know God is in control and I simply have to wait on Him.

After talking to both our daughters who wanted to wish me a Happy Birthday (yes, it was may birthday today) and receiving well wishes from my mom, Danny, (my very good friend and former co-worker in California)and my boss, Kendal, Ted took me to the clinic to get these feet checked. I can hardly walk. He thinks it's the gout but I don't think so. I think I'm retaining fluids.

We haven't been to the clinic in awhile and I was surprised and amazed at how beautiful the grounds are right now. Taking these photos have taken my mind off of my feet. LOL!






We go into the clinic and we are immediately taken into a room where the doctor measures my pressure and gives me a shot. She also gives me a prescription for what I believe is a water pill. She also wanted to rule out heart trouble so she does at EKG. Everything is normal and I'm sent on my way.

What a way to spend a Birthday! By this time it's after 10pm and we're thinking the "Apotheke" would still be open. It isn't, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow to get the prescription.

When we get home, I make endless trips to the bathroom and I'm happy to say the swelling went down quickly. I feel better.

Tomorrow is another day!

Friday 06/19/09

No comments:

Post a Comment