Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 86: Last day of Painting.

Since I had company work to do yesterday, and there was still more painting to do, today was it.

I got to the apartment at around 8:30am, changed my clothes and opened all of the shields. I did not look forward to this final day of painting. I started with the ceiling in the second bedroom. I finished that and touched up areas in the main bath and kitchen. I’m sure I missed places and I’ll have to go back and see where I missed but it’s not going to be today. I’m so tired of painting! Those touch-ups will have to be done after we move in. We still have about 2 to 3 liters of paint left so there will be enough to handle them.

I then began painting with the color. I finished the trim and the walls in the second bedroom as well as touching up the color in all areas of the apartment; from the master bedroom to the living / dining room to the hallway and third bedroom.

I cleaned up the painting supplies and organized everything in preparation to clean the entire apartment.

First thing on the agenda, are the windows. It’s a big job as the windows are very dirty. They are vinyl on the inside and outside. So I took a bucket of water with dawn dishwashing liquid and a scrubby sponge and washed not only the windows but the vinyl surrounding each window. This meant getting up on the ladder to accomplish this task. I rinsed with a microfiber cloth and then used Windex and paper towels to finish it out. This process gave me streak-less windows. They were so clean, it looked like there was no glass there at all. I also cleaned the inside of the shields on the windows and the part of the shields I could reach on the glass sliding doors. I also cleaned the light fixtures on the balconies.

This process of cleaning the windows took all afternoon. By the time Ted picked me up, I was definitely ready to leave!

Ted wanted a burger for dinner but the Germans don’t do meat well so he thought that the NH Hotel would be a good place to get one. The last time we were there, he had asked about a burger and they told him the other restaurant (really their café) would have them. So we went. Of course, I didn’t trust them to do a good burger so I ordered Spaetzle, my favorite local German food. It’s the German equivalent of Mac and Cheese only SO much better. They put either crispy onions or sautéed onions on top. I also had a salad. Since they give you a large portion of Spaetzle, I shared it with Ted. The burger, by the way, was not as good as Ted had hoped. He’s just going to have to wait to get to the US to get a good burger OR get a barbecue and make them himself!

Again, tomorrow is another day!

Tuesday 06/16/09

No comments:

Post a Comment