Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 97: Traveling back to NYC

I got up and packed my few things and took my suitcase and bag out to Deb’s living room. Deb, Chuck and I had breakfast together before the kids picked me up at 10. We at least had over an hour to spend talking and laughing.

It will be the first time Debbie and her husband will meet Grazia, Gian-Carlo and the baby. When they arrived, I introduced them and Deb wanted to see the baby. She “oohed” and “ahhed” over the baby. But all too soon, it was time for us to leave.

Deb hugged me and cried. I told her she HAD to come to Germany for a visit and that I would be back soon enough. On the way to church, Grazia said, “Mom, she adores you!” And I said, “Well, I adore her as well! We go back a long, long time!”

After church we had lunch with my mom. Grazia and Gian-Carlo were going to take a nap and she wanted Ailene and me to watch the baby. She admonished us to make sure the baby didn’t fall asleep. We played and played and then I held him and forgot that I was supposed to keep him awake. I suddenly realized it and woke him up by putting his feet back on the floor. It was SO funny, he weaved in the hallway and leaned up against the door and wanted to sleep!

Although the kids weren’t happy that he had fallen asleep, they understood that he needed to nap. We quickly loaded the car and said ‘goodbye’ to everyone. There were kisses and hugs galore.

Because of the traffic, rain and construction…the trip back also took another 9 hours. We didn’t get back until almost midnight! I needed to listen to my messages so I did that before falling into bed sleeping.


Sunday 6/28/09

No comments:

Post a Comment