Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 94: Spending time with "Ro"

Since it had been a long flight, I wondered if I would sleep in late. I didn’t. I woke up early and went downstairs to play with my grandson. He has learned so many new words and has so many new facial expressions since the last time I saw him which was a little over three months ago. It’s amazing how quickly they develop.

I gave my daughter, the brown suede Lederhosen (German boy’s short pants), the red plaid shirt with embroidered flowers and the red had with green trim. We want photos of him in that outfit. The kids LOVED the outfit and said,Nana provided the baby with his Halloween costume!

Because the back door of the Land Rover was broken and needed to be repaired, Grazia was going to take it to the shop in preparation for our trip to Ohio. She didn’t know if they were going to fix it right away or if she would have to go back. It didn’t matter to me; I was spending time with the “little” guy!

She came back fairly quickly after making a few stops to pick up some “stuff” for the trip. We spend the rest of the time getting ready for the trip to Ohio.

When she left to go pick up her car (they gave her a loaner), I took the baby for a walk. Unfortunately, I locked myself out of the house. I prayed she had a key and that it wouldn’t rain. If so, we would have to take shelter on the covered porch. I didn’t even have my phone!

After returning from our walk, I let the baby out to play on the grass. He’s SO funny! He doesn’t like his hands dirty. He fell and had grass on his hands and he picked each and every blade of grass off of his hands.

The kids have a fire pit on their patio, but it was full of water. I was worried that the baby would want to go over to it and splash around in it. But wonder of wonders, he never went near it.

He has a plastic slide and I wanted him to go down the slide but when he saw it was wet, he didn’t want to go. So I tried to get him to go in his little car so I could push him around…but that was also wet and he didn’t want to ride in it. That left the ball. I threw the ball and he went and fetched it. Then I showed him how to put the ball down the slide. It went in the corner under a small potted tree. He would NOT go get that ball even though if he ducked, he could easily get it without touching the tree. It appears he’s afraid of the trees too! LOL!

About this time, Grazia came back and she chastised me for locking myself out. But I didn’t realize the door was locked when I closed it. Luckily she had the key and we got inside. You can bet THAT won’t happen again. She wondered what I was going to do if there was an emergency. I told her that’s what neighbors are for but it didn’t happen so don’t worry about it.

They had a church function to go to that evening and left me to “babysit”. I was thrilled to do so. I get precious little time with the little guy so I made the most of it and played with him the entire time. From puzzles to toy trucks we played with all of them. He’s learned to say “help”….but he doesn’t need my help to put the puzzle pieces together and I told him so. He managed to put them all together. He LOVES the puzzles.

This is a great Christmas idea!

Thursday 6/25/09

No comments:

Post a Comment