We got up and went to church at the Panzer chapel this morning. It's the first time in a few weeks that we have made it to church. We didn't want to be coughing all through the service and possible infect those around us. But now we wanted to get back on track and get there. Ted wanted to check out the Calvary Chapel in Stuttgart but we still don't know where it is and besides we wouldn't be able to understand the message because it is in German.
Instead of going home we decide to go over to Patch and get the grocery shopping done and out of the way. It seemed silly now to go all the way home just to turn around and come back to shop. There are no parking spots on the first level so Ted lets me off so I can start the shopping. Once again, he said I was reading his mind...I don't consciously do it, it just happens!
I zip through the aisles as quickly as I can, marking off my list the things I had written down. I want out of the store as quickly as possible. By the time Ted comes in I only have a few more things to get. We get those and we check out. The bagger brings our groceries to the car and Ted gives her a tip.
We go home, put away groceries and both of us are hungry. I had bought bacon at LIDL yesterday and wanted to make Ted's favorite breakfast: bacon and eggs. I also bought two ciabatta rolls at Bopples yesterday. Perhaps Ted will go for a breakfast sandwich instead. The bacon package is small. It has I'd say no more than 10 slices of very thinly sliced bacon. I start the bacon and the eggs and what I find very interesting about this bacon is that while there is fat on the bacon (not much), there is no grease like US bacon. I wonder why? Ted loves the bacon because not only is it good, but it's not fried to a crisp (which is the way I normally like it). At least it's not still oinking!
After breakfast which should honestly be categorized as lunch since it's early afternoon, we sit down and read our email. Ted is falling asleep on the chair and I tell him to go lay down. Of course, like a child he resists and continues to sway in his chair but finally gives up and goes to lay down. I'm tired too so I decide a nap would be in order as well. It's after 3 by this time.
We must have been really tired because we slept until about 8pm!! YIKES! About this time, we knew we had to get ready to go do laundry (another chore that is starting to wear thin). After over two months of doing laundry at the base, I'm ready to have a machine of my own so I can do laundry during the day and not late at night.
We head on over to Kelley, after I make sure Ted has his badges. Mine are always in my wallet! There are a lot of cars there and I'm thinking we won't be home until midnight!
It turns out there aren't as many people inside as I thought and the commercial washers are all available. I scurry to get my clothes in them. Ted's co-worker is there finishing up his laundry. We chat for a few minutes and I settle down to work on a Bible study while waiting for the laundry to finish. Meanwhile, Ted goes over to the post office to check our mailbox.
The laundry is done and it's only 11pm. Great! Now we have to quietly take that laundry up the stairs and into our apartment. We don't want to disturb our landlords or the other tenants in the building.
It's time for bed!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment