We slept in late today. Another aspect of having worked so hard these past few weeks to get the new apartment painted and making the move.
We went and did errands today. Mostly grocery shopping at Kelley base, instead of Patch. It was weird going grocery shopping in a basement! But that's where the commissary is on Kelley, the basement. There's a ramp to bring the carts up from that basement...almost like Real and other German stores that have carts. Oh, and by the way, all four of the wheels on the carts move independently of one another! This makes it very difficult to keep the cart straight. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the women pushed the carts sideways! Ted had to enlighten me. LOL!
We also went to the BX / PX and picked up a few things. We also went to Scharnhausen, to see if we could find the shopping center there. It was recommended by Anna, the wife of the owner of the Italian restaurant across the street.
We had no trouble finding the place. I found it interesting that within minutes of leaving our town (which seems quite urban), we are in farm country! And sometimes if I look out of our glass sliding door, I see tractors with HUGE bales of hay driving down the main street. It's kind of weird, actually. Weird but interesting.
We also went on base to check email. I can't WAIT fo us to have internet. It gets really old, really fast lugging the laptops around just to check email!
Saturday 07/18/09
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment