Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 64: On the road...Again!

You know you've had enough of one place when you are ready to go home! While the city of Paris has incredible architecture along with history and culture, particularly it's art works, personally, I would not come back. I like the water and while it was wonderful to take a dinner cruise (one of the two highlights of the trip), it wasn't enough time near or in the water for my taste.

There are way too many people. After having lived in Germany for two months where they take pride in keeping their cities neat and tidy, Paris was the opposite.

We didn't get up too early because we wanted to ensure we were not in the middle of rush hour traffic. We had breakfast in the hotel again and paid the bill, packed the car and took off. Julie gave good directions this time because Ted reprogrammed her!

We were happy to see the traffic going into the city was heavy but the traffic going out of the city was not. We finally got on the A4 and were on our way. The trip itself was uneventful except for when we made the one stop to get diesel for the car. Ted had debated as to whether he should put 5 litres or 10 to get us over the border into Germany where we can use our fuel card. He forgets and puts more than 20 litres. Ted, you just lost 10 points! LOL! He was more made himself than I was so I didn't try to call attention to it and add insult to injury.

We decided to go through Strasbourg again and have dinner there. I had taken this photo on the way to Paris and I wanted to see the Cathedral but we both were tired. It's only an hour-and-forty minutes from Stuttgart so we can come back. This is a good Saturday trip. Strasbourg has a lot of history that I'm interested in seeing!



Ted wanted to stop, so we did. It didn't appear to be in a really good section of town but we had already parked the car and paid for parking. So we went to the cafe but the waiter informed us that they didn't start serving food until 7pm. We were not waiting for that so we had a drink and left. Ted wanted to see the water so he went in one direction (to the right) and I went to the left (closer to the car) towards the bakery across the street. I bought a loaf of honest-to-goodness French bread. I had the girl slice it. It's amazing how you can communicate when you don't know the language!

I also spotted what looked like Dunkin Donut holes...but these were filled with chocolate. I bought two for each of us. I figured they would tide us over until we got home and I could fix dinner. I had made stuffed peppers before we left so we were going to eat those for dinner tonight. We were within an hour an a half of home.

I met Ted coming out of the bakery and we were glad to be on our way. We arrived home and had dinner but we still had to do laundry for the week! UGH! So we packed up the laundry basket and the laundry supplies and headed over to Kelley Base to do the laundry. By the time we got done and got home it was close to 1am!!

Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment