Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 410: Trip to the Stuttgart Train Station

Downtown train station to see about tickets to Paris.  Was a bust.  Started walking to the Karstadt (department store) and then thought it might be a good idea to go to the Shopping Mall in Vaihingen.  It's called Bern something.  It reminds me of the malls back home with several levels.  I thought there was a sewing store in there but there wasn't.  We stopped to have a snack.  I had a cherry quark (like yogurt only better) and my husband treated himself to an eclair.  We stopped and sat and listend to a man playing the piano in  the middle of the mall.  It was terrific.  He played Phantom of the Opera.  I closed my eyes and was immediately transported back to Toronto, Canda when my uncle took me, my mom and and my aunt there to see it.  What a great memory!!

We then tried to go to our favorite restaurant in Platenhardt:  Capri.  They were closed.  We didn't know what to make of it...just that the chairs were upside down on the tables and it appeared to me that they were closed for good.  There was o nly one way to find out.  We went to Amalfi in Bonlanden.  They are the same owners and I didn't think they would be closed.  Sure enough when we got there, the owner told us that they had closed the restaurant there due to a family medical emergency.   I was taken aback.  They had only opened that restaurant less than six months!  I told him how sorry we were about it but they said it was for the best since it was very difficult for them.

They went on to say that whatever they had on the menu at Capri we could get at Amalfi.  Now  we don't have to split our time between the two!


Saturday 5/8/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment