I then fixed Ted his favorite breakfast of eggs, Kartoffelenpuffer (German equivilant of hash browns...only SO much better), bacon and toast. Since there are very few breakfast places here, it's the one thing I can do to give Ted something he misses about not living in the U.S. And it's a joy to do it for him.
We then went over to the BX because I needed laundry soap for tonight's jaunt to the laundromat. We found two pair of shorts on sale for Ted so we got those. And topped it all off with an Italian Gelato. Unfortunately, this particular gelato is not as good as the gelato in Bonlanden.
We decided to try to find the botannical gardens in Hohenheim (the next town from Plieningen). We tried using the GPS to find it but unfortunately, There's a university there along with this wonderful Botannical garden!
These are temple columns left from the 18th century.
I just love the caretakers house! It's such a cute house! It would be so cool to live here.
This is a stone marker that sits at the apex of two paths. It indicates for whom the park was created.
Japanese Banana Trees
I was amazed that there were banana trees in this climate. And the flowers were still blooming. They were still beautiful.






It's absolutely amazing that the gardens still have these gorgeous flowers! (Not too bad taking photos, either...hmmm???

Look carefully at the house in the background. It has vines growing all over it. As we walked by, Ted said, "I wonder where Hansel & Gretel are?"

This was the last photo. It was SUCH a weird tree. The branch clearly was trained to grow this way!
We walked around the gardens for a bit and I was dismayed that we had not searched out this garden before.
We went home and rested for a bit and then decided to have Pizza at Mamma Maria's adn then went to do laundry. By the time we got back, it was tiem for bed.
Sunday 09/20/09
No comments:
Post a Comment