Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 151: The Flying Ship

Ted finally put in for vacation time for trip back to the states for Christmas. Have to book tickets.

It's another slow day and yet I'm behind in my blogging and my TESOL certification. I have to get caught up and this is the one thing I want to keep going since it's a lifeline to my family and friends who are reading it.

My best friend from Ohio called and left a message. I tried calling back but I only got her voice mail. I got an email from my mom today as well. I'm SO proud of how she is taking to the computer and sending emails, doing online banking and of course, reading this blog!

Ted called me from work to ask if I would like to go to dinner tonight since he has a therapy session tomorrow night. I welcomed going. The idea of trying to cook in this stifling heat (with no AC or fan) was daunting to say the least. I quickly got ready and we went to a new place, The Flying Ship. (Not new for Ted as that's where they took their interns for lunch before returning to the states.)

The proprietor speaks Italian, of course. And the menu is in Italian and German. Ted chooses fish and I choose a Mediterranean rotini pasta dish with eggplant and mozzarella. Ted had a a Heifeweisen beer has become his standard and I brought my standard Iced Tea with lemon with me. I explain the situation and ask for an empty glass. The meal is wonderful and I have enough left over for lunch tomorrow!

By the time we returned we were soaking wet from the heat. Both of us could not stand the heat and needed to shower. Mine was cold and it felt wonderful. I decided that I would be sitting at the kitchen table rather than in the recliner since it was upholstered and much to hot to sit in.

I blogged for awhile and the phone rang and it was my friend calling me back. We had a short conversation because her power went out when we were on the phone.

At this point, it has cooled down enough for us to sleep but we definitely are buying a fan this weekend!

Thursday 8/20/09

No comments:

Post a Comment