Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 149: Shopping and Laundry

It's another slow day. And it's hot.

Ted called the caretaker to get the plumber our to fix the drain in the shower. And I went shopping in the afternoon. Took my handy, dandy granny cart and walked up to the big Plus store.

What is frustrating is that this is the SAME store as the one down the street from where we live but both of them have very different items. I couldn't find two things I wanted. It's interesting that, unlike in the U.S., you don't always get what you want.

I had gotten Ted some cherry yogurt with chocolate flecks at the other Plus along with a wedge of Parmesan cheese. He absolutely loved the yogurt and was asking for it again. This Plus did not have that yogurt, nor did it have the parmesan. Luckily I still have a little bit of parmesan left but it won't last too long. They did have cherry yogurt but none with the chocolate flecks. I'll jsut have to compromise and use some nestle's toll house morsels for him. But it's annoying when you walk to a store and they don't have what you want. Welcome to life in a foreign country!

I checked out and loaded my purchases in my granny cart but forgot to take the cart back and get my 1 Euro coin (~ $1.50) deposit for the cart. I went next door to buy bread and remembered. I sure hope no one took it back and got my deposit. Thankfully, it was still there and I was able to return the cart to where it's supposed to be and get my deposit.

I made a supper of stuffed peppers and baked potato for Ted and sweet potato for me. They also don't have baking potatoes. They only have potatoes that one would either fry or make into hashbrowns. The potatoes I get on the base.

I really needed to get the laundry done so we went but unfortunately, I had left my wallet (with my ID) in my granny cart so we were almost on base when I figured out I didn't have my wallet. My husband, the ever understanding man, didn't even get upset that I had forgotten! We turned around and went back and got the wallet with the proper ID.

I brought my laptop with me to do some work while the clothes were washing and Ted went over to the Gym to work out. He was back before the laundry was completed. We talked for a bit until the laundry was done and it was home again. By this time it was almost 11pm and really time for bed!


Tuesday 08/18/09

No comments:

Post a Comment