Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 141: Skype!

We had a late night due to long-distance phone calls for personal family business in the United States. As a result, I got up late. It was a raining and cool day today and I spent the majority of the day doing company work.

It's interesting when there is construction going on near by. You don't notice the noise after awhile but you do notice when there is no noise. Apparently the rain kept the workers home today.

I got an email from my daughter that said she had installed Skype on her computer and that we could talk over the internet. This application made it possible for me to see her and my grandson. I quickly installed the free software and called her.

I got to see my little guy but since I do not have a web cam installed on my machine, he could not see me. What he saw on his end was his mother and himself. That's the reason he kept saying "Mama Mama"! We will have to buy a web cam so I can see him and he can see me! It is SO cool to be able to see him over 6,000 miles away! So if anyone reading this has Skype and wants to "chat", let me know!

I also decided I need to work on doing something other than staying home and company work. I intend to get TESOL certified so I can teach English in Germany. The certification is only 100 hours and can be done online. It shouldn't take too long to complete.

Monday 08/10/09

No comments:

Post a Comment