Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 30: Appointment Set!

It only took four weeks but we finally got an appointment for tomorrow at the housing office. I sure hope our personal "stuff" arrives at the same time we have to move in.

I knew I had to get to market because we were all out of bread and my wonderful Mango and Vanilla yogurt. I also wanted to pick up some Parmesan cheese. I thought it was warmer than it was but I figured as I start to walk, I'll warm up and I did.

The flowers are blooming everywhere and they are beautiful. I even brought Ted's phone along to see if his camera works any better than mine. And of course, it does! The second photo is of the "Blumen" (in case you couldn't guess - it means Flowers) field down the street from where we live. Aren't they beautiful? Now I REALLY have to take the digital camera. No more yucky photos!





I also need to stop by the recycling center to pitch the glass containers I'd been storing under the sink. So I get my mesh shopping bag, my wallet and sunglasses and off I go. First stop: recycling center. Time to give those bottles and jars the heave-ho!

Next stop: Bakery. Wonderful smells of bread but again, I can't get past this one kind of bread. It's just too delicious to try anything else. I pick up what I thought were two croissants with nut filling, only to find out it's some kind turkey mix baked in them (they're big on turkey here, I don't know why, but they are). It was OK but I won't be buying those again. Not even Ted was keen on it when he got home.

Next stop: Butcher Shop. I struggle to tell the lady that I want 250 grams (Funfzig und Zweihundret grammes)of Parmesan cheese. That's approximately 1/4 lb. Having spent time in Italy has really helped with the weights and measures!

Last stop: Naturcost, the health food store. Here I pick up my wonderful yogurt, some rice and their wonderful bio-butter. (I guess they use the bio in front of everything that is healthy)

The rest of the afternoon is spent making supper and cleaning out the refrigerator. What a chore!

Ted is feeling much better but is really tired this evening. He came home bearing gifts! He was able to go to the CMR to pick up the packages. There was also a card from my dear friend, Deb. Her little reminder on the front made me cry! If you're reading this...I miss you too, Deb!

I had ordered some travel books from Amazon but according to Amazon, it was going to take at least 30 days to get here. They exceeded my expectations...by two weeks!! I was excited to see the books because now we can focus our travels a little bit more and keep track of places we think will be interesting for family and friends when they come to visit.

I spent the rest of the evening looking at the books (after doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen of course).

Time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. i wondered how long it would take to get the card and it was only 1 week.i miss you girlfriend.deb

    ReplyDelete