Happy Easter!
It is the most blessed day of the year. It is the day that Our Lord and Savior rose from the dead!
Ted is still not feeling well but will not miss Easter Sunday services. I got up and made breakfast before going to church. We went to church at Panzer Base. Again, the music was awesome because it is all music that we know. The Chaplain giving the message this morning was different from the Chaplain last week. This Chaplain, Chaplain Santiago, was incredible. He is truly a man of God and I totally enjoyed his message!
After church Ted decided to go to Kelley base to check the mail. Of course, I was the one checking the mail. The weather was incredible so I wore my contacts this morning because I wanted to use my sunglasses.
To get to the post office there are two dozen steps to go up. I didn't realize it until I got to the box which is located close to the floor that I had forgotten my cheaters so I could see the numbers! So back to the car and down the 24 steps to get my cheaters. Meanwhile, Ted is resting because he's still not feeling well. I was not happy because I thought this was something that didn't need to be done today particularly because Ted wasn't feeling well. I finally get back to the box and the combination didn't work so I reversed the order and it has a spring latch so I finally got it open. There was mail!
Ted's sister sent a lovely Easter card and there were two pieces of mail that were not ours. After depositing them into the mail slot for redirected mail, we left.
When we got home, I fixed a sandwiches for Ted and myself. After checking email and sending out an Easter greeting to family and friends, we took a nap.
After we napped we watched some of our videos that we brought with us from the US. Oh the wonders of modern technology: our laptops serve well as TV's!!
After a dinner of lasagna and veal cutlets, we sat and called family members to wish them Happy Easter.
It's a clear, cool evening and we have the windows open a bit to let the fresh air in. We watched more videos until it was time to go to bed.
Until tomorrow...
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment