There's much to be done today. I need to clean the apartment and wash the floors, get the garbage ready for the landlord to pick up and do some company work not to mention get the paperwork filed for the shipment of our household goods!
What I won't have to do is cook dinner! HOORAY! It's leftovers from what wasn't eaten last night!
The landlord came in last week when we were out "playing" so I want to make sure the place is clean for her when she comes in!
I ended up not going for a walk at all today, way too much to do! However, after dinner my husband and I went for a drive around town. We couldn't find a grocery store open to get "Milch" (Milk) so we stopped at the gas station mini mart. I looked and looked and looked and didn't see the "Milch" in the dairy case. I figured they didn't have any.
But my husband, in his broken German :), asked the clerk if he had any "Milch". The gave a long response to which neither of us understood. (I felt like a ding-dong!) The clerk was a bit preterbed at my husband who was ambling about looking for the "milch" UGH! Finally, the clerk came from behind the counter and got the "Milch" for him. It turns out, their milk is never in the dairy case, it's sold in containers like what we (Californians) would buy almond or soy milk in. Go figure. I wouldn't have looked for a container not refrigerated!!
Anyways, that was the highlight of the day. Tomorrow is another day.
Auf Wiedersehen!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment