Today is Good Friday. It seems that in Germany, today and Monday are national holidays and as it should be. As a result, everything here is closed (except the base stores, which are considered American and therefore open). I think the Germans have the right idea. To give Glory, where Glory is due. To Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.
Having said all that, it is a very quiet day. Most of the day is spent reading and praying with small periods of time spent on company work.
Today is also cleaning day so in the morning, I totally clean this tiny apartment in preparation for the landlady to come and change out the towels and overall inspect the apartment. I don't mind because I keep a tidy house anyways and besides, she washes the towels and the bedding. Like my best friend said, "It's almost like having a maid!" However, this will not last. As soon as we get permanent housing, I will have to do my own towels and bedding!
It's a gorgeous day. Sunny and bright and mild. I did dig out my capris for summer and I spent some time out on the balcony reading.
Ted is still feeling sick and is supposed to come home at 2 but he doesn't show up until 5. He looks TERRIBLE and I'm sure he feels just as bad! I convince him to take me to the PX/BX to see if they have a sun deck chair so he can sleep and to get him some medicine.
Reluctantly he takes me. I feel badly because I would have gone myself and left him to rest in the apartment but we are not sure the insurance covers me to drive the car. We get there and I know he's feeling poorly because he doesn't even want to come in and that is just not like Ted. So, I go in and of course, they are all sold out of deck chairs. I get everything I can think of to help my husband's cold: Tylenol, Alka Seltzer Plus, Vicks 44 Cough Medicine, Halls Honey Lemon drops, Sudefed. I don't know what else to do for him except pump him up with a quadruple dose of Juice Plus+, get him to bed and make sure he sleeps.
That's the other dilemma: How am I going to get him elevated so that he can sleep. I remembered that there were additional blankets on top of the murphy bed and there was a pillow in the cabinet where we keep our laundry bag. I can mound up those things so he can stay elevated.
I sure wish we had our La-z-boy chair!! I shipped it but it's the one thing that Ted questioned why I shipped it. Now he wishes he had it! So I'm glad I did ship it.
Hopefully, tomorrow he will be on the mend and feeling better. No plans for the weekend due to Germany closing down everything and since Ted is sick, it's no big deal that we're not out sight-seeing.
That's it for today...time to get my Teddy-bear into bed and comfortable.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment