Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 377: Easter Sunday

It's Easter Sunday morning.  It's a wonderful day.  We, as Christians, celebrate a new  beginning in Christ.

This is the second Easter we have spent in Germany.  Last Easter Ted was incredibly sick and we did nothing and went no where on Easter Sunday.  And although he is a slightly under the weather today, he pressed on and made sure we got to church.

At church the Chaplain's message had to do with the tomb.  The significance of the Roman guard and their numbers.  I knew about the Roman guard but I did not know there were 16 soldiers to one Roman guard.  I love it when I learn something about the Resurrection that I didn't already know.

We made a reservation on Friday for Easter brunch at the local international hotel.  I had tried to call all day Friday for the reservation but no one answered the phone!!  I knew they were working with a skeleton crew but at least answer the telephone.  Ted had to drive over there and physically make the reservation.  What a pain that was!!

The international hotel is amazing.  There are shops, a spa, a casino, a cafe, a cinema and several restaurants all housed under one roof.  I had no idea all of that was in there!   The brunch was held in a banquet room and it was elegant and made me  think of past Easter brunches spent with my family in Ohio.  The food was excellent!

It began to rain just as we left the hotel.  We went home and spent the rest of Easter Sunday watching Jesus of Nazareth and calling family members to wish them Happy Easter.

Sunday 04/04/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment