Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 376: Holy Saturday

It's still cold and rainy.  Ted took the car on base to check the oil.  He thinks he over estimated how much oil the car takes.  He came back smelling like oil and his clothes needed a good soak.  We went shopping on base and took a quick trip to Reutlingen to see if I could find more yarn.  Unfortunately everything was closed by the time we got there.  I guess it was an early day due to the Easter Holiday tomorrow.

I am SO excited!  I was able to get my glasses  fixed.  And I couldn't believe it didn't cost me a penny.  I was really worried we would have to buy me a new pair of glasses.

We almost ran out of gas on the way back from Reutlingen.  I was NOT a happy camper.  Ted has let the tank go dry on one or two other ocassions and it irritates me that he didn't think to put gas in the car on Thursday OR first thing this morning when he knows everything is oging to be closed tomorrow and Monday.  I was on pins & needles because we have to get our gas from Esso because we have a fuel card for it. It's less expensive buying gas on the fuel card than through the local economy.  But Esso stations are sometimes a pain to find and one never knows when they will be open.  Unfortunately, the one in Reutlingen was not.

We finally reached Bonlanden and the Esso station there was open.  Once he filled the tank, I breathed a sigh of relief.

We decided to try a Chinese restaurant in Bonlanden based on what Julie told us.  Julie took us around in circles for a bit but we finally found the place.  It is an incredibly cute place!  All bamboo with a small pond and waterfall along with a big fish tank.  We wanted a change of pace.  We were getting tired of Italian and the German cuisine.  Other than Kase Spetzel and Schnitzel, German food leaves a lot to be desited.  There's no way I'm eating pig's knuckles...much less pay for them in a restaurant!

Anyways, it was a first for me.  We had the dinner for two and one entree was Duck.  It was wonderful.  We definitely will be back there again sometime soon.

Saturday  4/3/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment