We have to get the luggage rack on the car before we go to the airport at 10:30am to pick up the kids. We are having difficulty getting it on so we decided to run over to ATU by the airport and see if they can direct us on how to get the rack on the car. We find out it's a relatively simple thing to do and are able to get it installed. Unfortuantely, I forgot to get the bungee cord that we bought last night at marktkauf so it's back to the apartment to get it before heading off to the airport.
We get there at precisely 10:40 the exact time of arrival of the plane coming in from Amsterdam. We luck out and get a wonderful parking space too. We find the terminal and sit and wait. At 11:15, I'm getting a bit nervous because they are not coming out. I told Ted that if they don't come out by 11:30 that we need to contact the airlines and see what's up. Fortunately, they come out at 11:25 and I get to see my wonderful daughter, her husband and my beautiful 2-year-old grandson who I simply adore.
It turns out the airlines lost the stroller so they had to get a loaner from the airlines until theirs come in. The airlines is supposed to call us when it arrives and they will deliver it to our home. My daughter gave them my cell phone number.
It turns out we didn't even need the luggage rack because everything fit nicely into the trunk of the car! HOORAY!! And the three of them fit nicely in the back seat. How wonderful is that??
The kids loved the apartment. It's completely finished and here are some photos of it now.
Living room from the hallway. Our little German loveseat!
Living Room from the Kitchen. Those are two storage units which we plan to use also as a TV stand if we ever get a TV. Those units house everything from casserole dishes to cleaning supplies to books to dish towels and more. They are wonderful since we have no other storage or closets!
This is the master bedroom from the doorway. Those are two chest of drawers sitting beside one another. I really like the look of them!
This is that wardrobe Ted and I struggled to put together. As you can see, it's very tall and we are short people so it was a challenge. Not to mention that it came with absolutely NO directions!
This is the spare bedroom. While the wardrobe in our room matches this bedroom set, we didn't think guests would need a closet and there are poles behind the door that the previous tenant left for use as a closet!
The view of the guest bedroom from the window. I couldn't live without my books!
Our teeny, tiny half bath. We, however, count ourselves fortunate that we have a second bath. Most apartments here in Germany only have one bath so I'm thankful for it.
The kitchen from the Living Room. It's small but it's cute!
Kitchen from the Living Room. Again, it's small, but it's cute.
The third bedroom which we use as an office. This is my workstation.
Again, the third bedroom. This is Ted's workstation. We have to have a drying rack because our dryer doesn't fully dry all of the clothes (I'm not sure any of the German dryers do.) I'm not sure why that is.
We decided to take the luggage home and then go to lunch at our favorite German restaurant in Bernhausen, not far from our apartment. We also decided to zip on over to Tubingen after lunch to stroll through the village. The day is beautiful and we don't want to waste it.
The kids LOVED the restaurant and of course, as always, the food is terrific!! We load up the car and head on over to Tubingen which is about 30 kilometers from our home. The kids and the baby all fell asleep on the way and when we finally found a parking spot, we decided to let them sleep for another 15 minutes or so because they were so tired.
They also loved Tubingen...but then I knew they would. It's such a wonderful little town.
I was so excited to have them here in Germany that I didn't even think to take any photos of them the first day. My son-in-law snapped this photo of my grandson patiently waiting outside a cafe while the grown-ups had some hot coffee and tea!
They are exhausted by the time we get home but the baby was up...and wouldn't fall asleep even though he, too, was exhausted. We finally had to take him in the car and drive around the block to get him to go to sleep.
When we left, my son-in-law went to sleep and when we returned we put the baby to bed. My daughter, my husband and I stayed up until after midnight talking and praying.
The entire week is filled with things to do and we're going to love showing them everything that we've seen and even those things we haven't seen!
Saturday 11/21/09
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment