Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 240: Wardrobe is now done!

I decided that since this wardrobe was used and was sitting in a large warehouse, who knew how long it had been since it was cleaned. So out came my mother's staple...Murphy's Oil Soap and each door, wall and ceiling got scrubbed down. It was filthy. I'm so glad I did that.

Now to put the last of the hardware on the shelves (the rod holders) and the pins that hold the shelves. These darn shelves are 3/4 inch particle board with laminate on two sides and the front. They are extraordinarily heavy!!! I managed to get them all in with the help of my trusty little plastic step ladder I keep in the kitchen.

Now the fun part: putting away our clothes and cleaning up the bedroom once and for all!!

Ted gets two of the three sections because he goes to work everyday. I'll take the mirrored section because most of my clothes are in the chest of drawers. After all of the "stuff" was put away, the room looked terrific. I need to wash the mirror and bring in the pong chair that used to be in the living room but now is sitting in the office.

I still have to take stuff down to storage and boxes to the trash but that's later.

I also want to get the final building project (the hallway wardrobe) prepped for tonight so we can get that done too. It doesn't look like there's too many pieces. The hardest part is taking off the plastic wrap. I installed the hinges and the door handles. All that's left are the screws to hold the back in and the metal pins that hold the one shelf. Woo Hoo!! We'll be done in no time, tonight!!

Tomorrow is the final cleaning and getting the guest bed made. I can't wait to have it all done so that 1) I can enjoy my family and 2) I have everything done so all I have to do is concentrate on my TESOL, company work and blogging!!

Wednesday 11/18/09

No comments:

Post a Comment