We went to Mamma Maria's to have dinner and listen to music. I got up and sang "I can see clearly now" but I was a little upset because Gerry the lead singer told me he had the words and he didn't. UGH! So I was struggling with the words. We sang along with other songs and finished up the night with a duet to Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable".
We sat with another family. Benito was the father and he lives on the Amalfi coast with his Ukrainian wife. He speaks Italian and German. His wife only speaks Italian. His daughter, who is German born and raised (from a previous relationship), speaks Italian, English and German. Her husband (Paul) is from South Africa and he speaks German and English. It was quite an unusual evening to say the least! I didn't get the daughter's name. She was sitting next to Ted and I was sitting next to Benito and across from his wife. We were invited to their church on Sunday. The international Baptist church in Stuttgart right near Patch Barracks.
An Italian guy sent over glasses of champagne and then came and sat with us. It turns out he's working here in Germany temporarily and feels like Mamma Maria's is like family. We feel that way too!
All in all, it was a terrific evening with loads of interesting conversation.
Thursday 11/05/09
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment