We went to the BX / PX to get a few things including fabric softener.
We decided to go to Patch to have lunch and check out the thrift store, which was, of course, closed. UGH!!! They are open so few hours on the weekends and there's no way I'll get there during the week. Oh well...some other time!
We went to an electronics store Ted was really hot about. We looked at televisions,
compared the washer and dryers to what we bought (and convinced ourselves we made a good deal). I found these "dryer balls" that are supposed to soften your clothes and use 25% less energy because they assist in drying your clothes faster. I'm going to try them to see how they work. Anything that saves energy in a place where the energy is so expensive is worth it.
We went to OBI to buy the new fawcett and to return drapery hooks that did not work. They had Christmas decorations out and beautiful pine arrangements.

I finally managed to get a shot of the straw man outside the base.



The above three photos are of the pine and fall arrangements at OBI. I want to go back and get one.
I also saw a six drawer wood console that would work perfectly in the office. It was relatively in-expensive so we bought it.
Ted fell in love with this Christmas Menora. It was so unusual that I said go ahead and get it. (I'm saving my purchases for the Christmas markets in late November and December)
We spoke to the guy downstairs who left his keys in his door from yesterday afternoon. (we were worried something was wrong so we had the caretaker check on him.) He would have been robbed or worse...killed if that were to have happened in certain neighborhoods in the U.S.
We brought up our packages but the console was too heavy so we got the folding hand truck (which I absolutely LOVE and has paid for itself, over and over and over again) to bring up the console and the fawcett; both of which were heavy.
We watched a downloaded movie from I-tunes "The Day After Tomorrow" with Dennis Quaid. One of my favorite movies.
Ted wanted to go see the big Halloween party going on at the SI (a hotel/condo near the base) but he didn't want to go at 8:30. He said it was too early. And I was done for the day. He had left the car in the guest parking and he went to go move it to the garage after the movie.
When he didn't return as quickly as I thought he should have, I realized that he must have gone to check out the party. he finally came home and told me the party had already dispersed (it was only 10:30 or so). Now THAT wouldn't happen in the U.S.
Saturday 10/31/09
No comments:
Post a Comment